Friday, November 9, 2007

Things 4 & 5

So far Library Web 2.0 is keeping my busy, but at the same time I am having a lot of fun and learning a lot of new things. Web 2.0 is the future. The process so far reminds me of posting to whiteboards during graduate school. I often find myself thinking about how technology would have shaped my early education - had it existed at the time. Keeping in mind that "at the time" electric typewriters were the thing to have! I constantly marvel at the way new technology not only changes the way we learn and live, but that so many new inventions can crop up. I would have thought, at one time not so long ago, that we would have seen it all. Ha!

Having been a teacher in another lifetime, I have to think about the impact that Web 2.0 has on the training of current and future students. Oddly, I don't wish I were a young student now. I think I'm at the perfect age to both continue learning and to learn in a totally new and exciting way.

No comments: